The Best Kind of Opening Night: Pure Joy
Tonight is the night!
Tonight, I’m not looking for a specific beat or a technical cue. I’m just looking for the joy.
Watching this "new family" I’ve had the privilege of guiding these past weeks find their groove has been a gift, but seeing them inhabit the space with confidence and fire is the ultimate reward. They’ve poured themselves into this, and there is truly no greater joy for a director than to watch actors thrive, take risks, and feed off the energy of a live, breathing audience.
My hope for tonight is simple: that they feel every bit of the electricity in the room and that the audience gives them the thunderous applause they have earned ten times over. I am ready to sit back, soak it all in, and celebrate the incredible team that has brought Clyde’s to life.
To my wonderful cast: The spotlight is yours. Have the time of your lives out there.





Comments
Post a Comment