Time to Say Goodbye
I'm ready to head out for our final performance, the last night I will have my cast. I have spent months living with these stories and characters. Then, in the last two months of the experience, I dedicated even more time with the actors, designers, and crew who brought these characters and stories to life.
The road was bumpy and filled with obstacles. But because we traveled together and supported each other, we grew close as a family, not just as talent. The tears sit in a queue, waiting for their turn to fall down my cheek. My pride is interrupted by a sadness they call “bittersweet.” Part of me wants to hold on to these people and this experience forever. But a bigger part of me says to let go of the ones I love and store the memories in my mind, so I can revisit them whenever I want.
Once the curtain falls for the last time and the cast party ends, it will be time to move on. Saying goodbye to the greatest blessing I could have ever received.



Comments
Post a Comment